|ADMINISTRATION OF THE STATE CULTURAL RESERVE OF KERNAVĖ
of the Administration of the State Cultural Reserve of Kernavė
MINISTER OF CULTURE OF THE REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA
CONCERNING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE RESOLUTION OF THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF LITHUANIA No 1745, 5 NOVEMBER 2002, REGARDING THE APPROVAL OF REGULATIONS OF THE KERNAVĖ STATE CULTURAL RESERVE
No 461, 11 December 2002
Acting in compliance with Item 6 and 8 of Article 27 of the Law on Protected Areas of the Republic of Lithuania (Žin., 1993, No. 63-1188; 2001, No. 108-3902), implementing Item 19 of the Regulations of the State Cultural Reserve of Kernavė approved by the Decision of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania No. 1745, 5 November 2002, (Žin., 2002, No. 106-4765) and regarding that by Item 1 of the Decision of the Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania No. IX-982, 20 June 2002, Concerning Status Change of the State Museum-Reserve of Archeology and History of Kernavė, Ratification of Change of Buffer Zone Boundaries and Plan of Borders in the State Cultural Reserve of Kernavė (Žin., 2002, No. 65-2642) the status of the State Museum-Reserve of Archeology and History of Kernavė was changed to the status of the State Cultural Reserve of Kernavė and that following Item 1 of the Article 2.43 of the Civil Code of the Republic of Lithuania an official announcement about the name change was made once (Lietuvos Rytas No. 275, 27 November 2002),
1. I change starting from 2 January 2003 the name of the budgetary agency named as the State Museum-Reserve of Archeology and History of Kernavė to the name of the Administration of the State Cultural Reserve, which adopts all the rights and duties of the current State Museum-Reserve of Archeology and History of Kernavė.
2. I approve the Regulations of the Administration of the State Cultural Reserve of Kernavė (attached).
3. I entrust Saulius Vadišius, the director of the State Museum-Reserve of Archeology and History of Kernavė, following the procedure established by laws and other legal acts with the re-registration of the budget financed agency.
4. I consider Item 8 of the Decree No. 669 Concerning the Approval of Statutes of Museums of Republic Subordination invalid.
MINISTER OF CULTURE ROMA DOVYDĖNIENĖ
APPROVED BY /stamp/
Decision No. 461 of
Minister of Culture of
the Republic of Lithuania,
adopted in 11 December 2002
REGULATIONS OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE STATE CULTURAL RESERVE OF KERNAVĖ
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1. The Administration (hereinafter referred to as Administration) of the State Cultural Reserve of Kernavė (hereinafter referred to as Cultural Reserve) is a budgetary cultural institution, which organizes the activities of the Cultural Reserve, ensures its protection and usage according to its purpose.
2. The Administration is a public legal body possessing a stamp with its own name and a current bank account of national and foreign currency in one of the chosen banks of the Republic of Lithuania as well as one bank account in any foreign state given a permission of the founder.
3. The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania is the founder of the Administration.
4. Regulations of the Administration are approved by the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania.
5. The address of the Administration: Kernius Str. 4a, Kernavė, 4115, Širvintos region.
6. The activities of the Administration are based on the Constitution of the Republic of Lithuania, the Law on the Protected Areas of the Republic of Lithuania, the Law on Preservation of the Immovable Cultural Values, the Law on Preservation of the Movable Cultural Values, the Law on Land of the Republic of Lithuania, the Law on the Budgetary Agencies of the Republic of Lithuania, the Law on Museums of the Republic of Lithuania, other laws and other legal acts, the Regulations of the Cultural Reserve and these Regulations.
II. ACTIVITIES OF THE ADMINISTRATION
7. The purpose of the activities of the Administration is to ensure the implementation of the tasks provided for in the Regulations of the Cultural Reserve.
8. Implementing the tasks entrusted the Administration:
8.1. organizes and performs the works of monitoring, protection, maintenance, regeneration and adoption of visiting of the Cultural Reserve as a complex of territorial cultural heritage;
8.2. prepares the programs of administration, maintenance and usage of the Cultural Reserve;
8.3. following the requirements of the laws of the Republic of Lithuania, other legal acts and documents of the territory planning within its competence sets forth the special conditions that must be complied with when preparing the draft documents on territory planning of the Cultural Reserve and buffer zone, projects of construction of buildings and installations, roads, engineering communications and other objects, coordinates them as well as the projects of land and forest planning;
8.4. takes up the functions as of an organizer when preparing the documents of territory planning related to the administration, transferring into a museum and usage of the territory of the Cultural Reserve;
8.5. within its competence controls the economical and other activities of natural and legal persons in all the territories of the Cultural Reserve and its buffer zone;
8.6. performs the works of monitoring, protection and record keeping of the archeological and historical objects (values) existing in the territory of the Cultural Reserve and the buffer zone;
8.7. executes museum activities, namely: collects, records, preserves, conserves, restores and exhibits museums sets and collections, which are based on the material of permanent archeological researches, constantly innovates the exposition;
8.8. performs activities of the scientific research:
8.8.1. carries out constant archeological researches of the heritage objects (values) in the territory of the Cultural Reserve and the buffer zone;
8.8.2. carries out thorough investigations of its museum sets, forms their structure,
records the working results in the reports of archeological researches,
monographs, articles, catalogues and files;
8.8.3. propagates the results of scientific research work;
8.8.4. organizes scientific seminars and conferences;
8.8.5. keeps and uses the results of scientific work performed by the employees on the basis of the Law on Copyright and Related Rights and other legal acts regulating this sphere;
8.9. performs publishing activities;
8.10. carries out educative activities:
8.10.1. propagates the immovable and movable cultural values preserved in the Cultural Reserve;
8.10.2. organizes thematic excursions on the museum exposition, in the territory of the Cultural Reserve and at the sites of archeological researches carried out there;
8.10.3. prepares and executes the programs of pupil education;
8.10.4. organizes experiment archeology and other cultural events in Kernavė;
8.10.5. prepares expositions and exhibitions;
8.11. collects the library and archive items;
8.12. submits the procedure of visiting the Cultural Reserve territory and the museum expositions for approval to the Minister of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania;
8.13. performs other functions provided for in the Regulations of the Cultural Reserve.
9. The museum sets and collections maintained by the Administration are undivided and grouped into exhibits of the main and subsidiary funds. The museum sets in the records are divided into groups with the pressmarks where A stands for archeology, N for numismatics, I for historical exhibits, E for ethnography, R for writings, F for photographs and negatives, S for silver, SK for silver components, AP for archeology subsidiary fund, KP for other subsidiary fund; KMR stands for the general pressmark of the museum sets of the Cultural Reserve.
10. The substance and form of the scientific work carried out by the Administration are based on the needs for complementing sets, the material found during the archeological researches and the programs of long-term scientific research.
III. ADMINISTRATION OF ADMINISTRATION
11. The Administration is supervised by the director. The director and the superintendent of the museum sets are appointed or dismissed by the Minister of Culture following the procedure established by laws.
12. The Director:
12.1. supervises the Administration and assumes responsibility for the implementation of the tasks and the activities of the Administration and the Cultural Reserve;
12.2. assumes responsibility for the proper usage of finances obtained from the state budget of the Republic of Lithuania and other sources;
12.3. represents the Administration;
12.4. approves the structure of the Administration, the list of titles and work places, title description, classification of titles by grades and categories without exceeding the assignations for the work payment unless provided for otherwise by laws;
12.5. issues authorizations, concludes agreements in the name of the Administration;
12.6. approves the thematic plans of permanent museum exposition and exhibitions, the programs of protection, maintenance and administration of the Cultural Reserve;
12.7. following the procedure established by laws appoints and dismisses the officers of the state and the Administration, encourages them and imposes official penalties or disciplinary punishment;
12.8. forms permanent and temporary committees to solve the problems of the Administration;
12.9. issues orders and other legal acts approved by orders, controls their implementation;
12.10. approves the income and expenditure estimates of the Administration as well as the statistical reports of economical financial activities;
12.11. performs the functions set forth by laws and other legal acts.
13. The Cultural Reserve Board (hereinafter referred to as Board) acts as a deliberative institution of the director. The Board consists of four members elected for four years. The composition and work regulation of the Board at the recommendations of the director is approved by the Minister of Culture.
14. The chairman being a member of the Board and elected by voting is in charge of the Board. The representatives of the Ministry of Culture, Regional Municipality of Širvintos, Community of Kernavė, State Commission of Monument Preservation, Department of Cultural Heritage Protection, State Protected Areas Service at the Ministry of Environment and the administration of Vilnius region governer, independant experts in the fields of archeology, museology and heritage administration.
15. The Board having studied and evaluated the processes in the Cultural Reserve analyzes the issues and submits recommendations to the director on:
15.1. purposive programs of protection and administration of the Cultural Reserve;
15.2. programs of scientific researches of the Cultural Reserve;
15.3. economical and other activities in the territory of the Cultural Reserve;
15.4. expansion of infrastructure of the Cultural Reserve;
15.5. visiting procedure of the Cultural Reserve;
15.6. preparation of territory planning documents of the territory of the Cultural Reserve and realization of their solutions;
15.7. funds to execute the programs prepared by the Cultural Reserve;
15.8. joining of the Cultural Reserve national and international organizations as well as participating in international projects.
IV. PROPERTY AND FUNDS OF ADMINISTRATION
16. The Administration is financed from the State budget of Lithuania in compliance with the estimates approved by the manager of assignations following the financing regulations and the Treasury procedure set forth by the Finance Ministry.
17. The property under management of the Administration is a state property owned by the right of ownership: land, forests, buildings, premises, other long-term material property, financial resources, the museum values in the records, results of intellectual work, other property related to the activities of the Administration, managed, used and disposed of by it on a property trust.
18. The funds of the Cultural Reserve comprise:
18.1. assignations of the founder i.e. budget means;
18.2. funds to execute the purposive programs;
18.3. support of natural and legal persons;
18.4. funds obtained for the pay services;
18.5. other legally acquired funds.
19. The costs of the Administration include:
19.1. funds for the payment of the state officers and employees and for the contributions of the compulsory state insurance;
19.2. expenses for maintenance of buildings, engineering constructions and installations, for supervision, administration and maintenance of the territory, other costs;
19.3. costs related to other activities of the Cultural Reserve;
19.4. other expenses.
V. RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF THE ADMINISTRATION
20. By implementing the assigned tasks the Administration assumes the following rights:
20.1. in accordance with the procedure and under the conditions established by legal acts to manage, use the property assigned to the Administration on trust gratuitously and dispose of;
20.2. to provide pay service and to fix the price for the pay services except for the cases when settled by the founder or when the prices and other rates are regulated by the state in accordance with laws of the Republic of Lithuania;
20.3. to conclude agreements, to assume liabilities;
20.4. to establish charity and support foundations with the allowance of the founder;
20.5. to pay for the supplied goods, provided services and performed works in any form agreed in compliance with laws and other legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania;
20.6. to receive and deposit museum values.
21. By implementing the assigned tasks the Administration assumes the following duties:
21.1. to submit the programs provided for in the strategic plan, reports on financial activities as well as to ensure the correctness of these reports to the founder and other institutions as prescribed by laws;
21.2. to ensure the protection and administration of the Cultural Reserve as a territorial complex of cultural heritage objects with immovable and movable cultural values in it;
22. The Administration is allowed to assume other rights and duties provided for by laws and other legal acts.
VI. PROCEDURE FOR APPOINTING AND DISMISSING OFFICERS FOR CIVIL SERVICE AND EMPLOYEES FOR WORK, PAYING THEIR SALARIES
23. The procedure and conditions for civil services of the officers and their salary paying are set forth by the Law on Civil Service, other laws and legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania.
24. The procedure and conditions for employees work, their salary paying are set forth by Labour Code, other laws and legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania.
VII. CONTROL OF FINANCIAL ACTIVITIES OF THE ADMINISTRATION
25. The control of financial activities of the Administration is executed by the founder, other authorized state institutions or establishments following the procedure set forth by laws and other legal acts.
VIII. FINAL PROVISIONS
26. The Administration may be terminated or reorganized in compliance with the procedure established by laws and other legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania.
27. At the reorganization or termination of the Administration museum values existing in its records may only be assigned to state museums.